Fire Department

Fire and Rescue

How do I obtain a “Burning Permit” and what can I burn?
Burning Permits must be obtained in order to have an open burn in your yard of leaves, brush, or scrap wood. You MAY NOT burn trash, or other illegal material. Burn Permits may be obtained for FREE on the day of the burn by visiting the Kingfield Town Office – 7 days a week from 8am to 4pm OR online at for a fee of $7

Does the Fire Department fill swimming pools or backyard ice rinks?
The Fire Department does NOT fill pools or ice rinks due to the liability. However you may call a local water company or pool company for service.

How do I join the Fire Rescue Department?
Applications are available at the Kingfield Town Office  Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm. All applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or equivalent, and no criminal record. We also offer a Junior Explorer Program for those ages 14 to 18 years old. All members are paid on a per-call basis.
How do I call for an Emergency in Kingfield?
Dial 911 from your phone. Be prepared to give your name, location and the nature of the emergency so that our dispatchers may send the appropriate services as quickly as possible.

Does the Fire Department conduct Chimney and Woodstove Inspections?
The Fire Department WILL conduct a Woodstove Inspection for proper placement in your home. We can also provide a “Courtesy” inspection of your chimney; however we do NOT provide a formal letter for your insurance company due to liability issues. We can make recommendations to the home owner.

We would like to remind all residents and businesses to visibly display their Building numbers in order for the emergency personnel to quickly and efficiently expedite services. The number can be located on the house or mailbox.